[Gocamino] Fw: Post this to the list

Devon Ombres devo2172 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 10:48:26 PDT 2007

I am begining the Camino on April 12 from Leon and have a few questions as I am an inexperienced hiker.

1) I am giving myself 12 days to complete the trip from Leon before I return to Madrid on the 26 to catch my flight home.  I am young and am in decent shape, is this enough time to finish or am I pushing the envelope.

2) Is there any particular training regimine I should be on in order to complete the Camino in the time I have allotted myself.  I am currently hiking 5-6 miles per day on a treadmill at various inclines since I live in Florida and there are no hills here.  I am also wearing a weighted back pack.  Is this enough or do I need to do more?

3) As my trip will be in the Spring, what types and how much cold weather gear should I be packing?  Jeans or athletic pants?  Half zip pants?  What types of jackets or outer wear?  I have a lot of Nike Dry Fit gear and a water resistant track jacket, but as I said, I live in Florida and know nothing of cold weather.

4) Is there any specific first aid gear I should bring such as blister kits or Icy Hot and where can I get blister kits?

Any assistance or advice would be most beneficial.

Thanks

Devon

Get your own web address.