[Gocamino] 20 th Anniversary of the launch of the paths to Santiago

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 23:19:06 PDT 2007

Message from the Cultural Routes of Europe:  http://www.culture-routes.lu

*Dear readers,

We started to tell you some weeks ago about the 20th anniversary of the
Cultural Routes Programme of the Council of Europe which will be celebrated
throughout Europe, and all along the cultural routes, until Summer 2008.

Thus, from 27 to 29 September 2007, Le-Puy-en-Velay will welcome a great
European Conference on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the launching
of the First European Route, the paths of Santiago de Compostela.

20 years later, the city of Le-Puy invites all cultural routes networks to
gather in order to take stock of 20 years of practice and to propose
perspectives for the next 20 years.

The pilgrim ways will thus continue to play their part as eldest routes and
guides by opening up the way to a reflection about the European ethics and
values of cultural routes, about their signposting, their interpretation and
mediation and, at last, about their governance and maintenance.

This event is meant to be open and constructive and it aims at involving
young Europeans.

The programme of the Conference is getting more and more precise day after
day but we invite you to register on our website from now on! We hope to
meet many of you in Le-Puy-en-Velay.

A Forum has been opened to gather your remarks, opinions and suggestions on
this theme...

For the Institute*
--
Sil