[Gocamino] [Santiagobis] Thoughts on "cheap holidays"

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 08:54:22 PDT 2007

Perhaps there is no real problem for those who are getting new
credencials, but what about those of us who have partially filled out
credencials who may want to continue after the new rules go into
effect? For my own case, it is unlikely that I will be able to go
back again — I was reaching my limit on the last one, but there must
be many thousands of French pilgrims who do a week or two or three
each year and have partially filled out pilgrim passports issued by
la Société française des Amis de Saint Jacques de Compostelle. Are
all those going to be invalid? That would certainly be a dirty shame.
I am sure that many of those people are very proud of their
collection of stamps and would be greatly offended to find that they
have suddenly become worthless. On my recent trip I met many, many
people with these credencials and others like the one issued by the
Canadian group and I would venture that over half of them were doing
their pilgrimages only a section at a time. For the most part they
were people who were still working for a living and had to do the
pilgrimage a bit at a time during their vacations.

Bob S.