[Gocamino] Thoughts on "cheap holidays"

Ana Young ayoung2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 19:20:57 PDT 2007

I also do not see the problem with the expression
uttered by the Canadian Company of Pilgrims. While I'm
not familiar with the organization, my impression is a
group dedicated to pilgrimage, and the expression of a
"cheap holiday" being one used in the context of an
affordable trip when discussing cost.

I can see the organization's concern vis-a-vis the
credential. My question when I first heard the new
rules was "What are these 'bona-fides' they want to
more strongly ascertain?" As someone coming from afar,
knowing I won't be able to get the true Credencial
until I reach Spain, how will I know I  meet those
"bona-fides" before I go through all the time and
expense of coming over?

Although it has been established that we don't have to
be a practicing Catholic, as before, I do have an
impression they're not giving them to just anyone
anymore. So what are the questions that are going to
be asked?

Once we know that, I agree that being restricted to
just the Spanish Credencial should not be a problem --
as long as the burden of ascertaining whether we
qualify for one isn't just on us foreign pilgrims
alone.

Buen Camino!
Ana