[Gocamino] Via de la Plata vs. Le Puy vs. 20 km/day?

Richard Ferguson richard at fergusonsculpture.com
Sat Jun 16 15:01:48 PDT 2007

Thanks very much for that web site, pretty amazing.  I came up with
22 days from Sevilla to Salamanca, aiming for 20km per day, and
trying not to exceed 25km on any given day.

However, the web site did let me identify a problem.  Between
Carcaboso and Aldeanueva del Camino is 39km, with no intermediate
lodging identified.  39km is 23 miles, too far for one day.  Any
suggestions?  I assume that I could work out something on the spot,
even if it was a taxi.

The other concern is whether I would see any other pilgrims that far
south.  The impressions that I have are that the Via de la Plata is a
pretty solitary affair, and I would imagine the further south, the
fewer the pilgrims.  Maybe I would be better off starting further
north.

Richard