[Gocamino] Information on the new albergue

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 07:59:01 PDT 2007

Hello you all,

The new albergue is up and running.  It is located about 15 kms. from  Santo Domingo de la Calzada. It is called the "Refugio Acacio & Orietta" and the precise address is: Calle Nueva 6, Viloria de Rioja 09259 Burgos.
Pilgrims may call ahead. The telephone number is 947-585-220 (movil: 679-941-123).
Pilgrims may also send backpacks ahead, if they wish, which will be held at the albergue until the pilgrims' arrival.
You can see a slide-show of the new albergue by going to the (long) site posted in an earlier message.
To tell by the pictures, the albergue is located in a very old building made with  large concrete blocks typical of the region, and it has computer facilities.

(For those of you who have asked: a "caipirinha" is a delicious Brasilian national drink made with lime, sugar and cachaca -pronounced cachasa in English- which is white-rum like. Caipirinhas are made on the spot; a fresh lime is cut in half, then the halves are quartered and placed face down on a glass and smashed repeatedly with a pestle, sugar is then added, one ounce or two of cachaca and cubed ice. The thing is then shaken.  There seems to be something special in the mixture; my alcohol tolerance is not great and two martinis would do me in as a rule, yet I can drink caipirinhas all day long without trouble.  The drink has become very popular in Paris, unfortunately, most unfortunately, they serve there  it with shaved ice ruining the whole thing..... sigh!)

Hugs!

Rosina