[Gocamino] camino blues??

claire bangasser claire.bangasser at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 30 05:36:51 PDT 2007

On Jul 29, 2007, at 1:16 PM, Hathor821 at aol.com wrote:

>  A question?  Is there something called "camino blues?"  I  suffered
> intensively upon my return last year and wonder if it happens
> often....how to deal
> with it....how to explain not only Camino to friends and  family
> but the
> obsession with it....

Yes, Patricia, I would say there is such a thing as 'camino blues'. I
definitely had it two years ago when we came back from Le Puy-
Santiago. My way of softening the edge of the blues was to decide to
do it again. Which we did last year. This year, we were going to go
from Lourdes-Somport to Santiago, but realized a week or so ago that
we could not. Too much to do in our old house.

The camino haunts me. One way of dealing with the longing, for me, is
to try to bring it into my daily life, the way I had promised myself
to do it the first time I reached Santiago. I have also a couple of
books that I want to spend time with. I would like to read a book on
the History of Spain and the History of the Spanish Civil War
(remember el monumento a los caidos?). The spirituality of the Camino
also is haunting me, so I hope to work it in these next months. And
then of course, I enjoy the conversations here and click on the links
of photos :-)

claire