[Gocamino] Letter from the Archconfraternity

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 14:05:58 PDT 2007

Hello you all,
Here is a translation of a letter sent today to all of us by the President of the Universal Archconfraternity of the Apostle Santiago:

"Dear members of Confraternities and friends, peace and goodness.

?????? The celebration of Saint James' Day is a propitious occasion to send our most affectionate greetings and our heart-felt gratitude to all who share in providing attention and welcome to pilgrims, and in nurturing?the devotion to Saint James in your Confraternities, Associations and parishes.
??????? The Cathedral of Santiago and the tomb that it houses continue to be a significant?point of reference in the lives of many persons and?peoples, and it constitutes a powerful magnet for thousands of pilgrims who journey after journey arrive at the house of Saint James. So far this year more than 52,000 pilgrims from a significant number of diverse nations have arrived, walking at least the last 100 kilometers, and have received the Compostela. 7,500 more than last year by the same date.
??????? Our responsibility to the message of Saint James calls us to renew our spirit of service, so that we may continue to offer the richness of our Christian culture in a complex and pluralistic society in which, more than ever, we must put forth our faith with illusion and hope.
??????? In the name of the Central Board of Directors of the Archconfraternity of the Apostle Saint?James, and for myself, we send each of you our most affectionate?salutations, convinced as we are that the Lord blesses you for all the good you do on behalf of the Christian pilgrimage to Santiago.

?????? In Santiago de Compostela, next to the Apostolic Tomb, on the 24th of July, 2007, the eve of the?commemorative observance of the martyrdom of Saint?James.

(D) Agusin Dosil Maceira
President of the Universal Archconfraternity of the Apostle Saint?James? "??

Rosina