[Gocamino] The "best" albergues

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 13:49:39 PDT 2007

I don't believe this at all, for a couple of reasons.
I think it's a PR vehicle for Eroski, a supermarket
chain.

First, I know Conchi. She's a lovely hospitalera, the
pilgrims love her, etc. But serving at the CSJ hostel
in Miraz, the next stop down from her place in
Baamonde, we often suffered for the "advice" she gave
the pilgrims re: our food and kitchen facilities. I
think if she didn't know the answer, she made one up
sometimes.
  I also wonder how up-to-date the info is. Last I
heard, Conchi was leaving the hospitalera business and
moving to Andorra!

I too wonder what became of the Sobrado de los Monxes
stop. It's a knockout! And of course the Miraz
refugio, which always gets rave reviews as one of the
only home-like hostals along the Northern Way. Didn't
anyone ask? Did they leave out the non-Spanish places?

Eroski is a supermarket chain. I used their colorful
website/trail guide for the Camino Aragones, and found
it practically useless...whoever wrote it evidently
drove a car along the route and looked up their
"facts" in tourist brochures. Maybe that's the kind of
methodology used for this survey?

I say take this one with a big grain of 'sal gorda!'

reb.

Rebekah Scott
www.moratinoslife.blogspot.com