[Gocamino] Camino starting mid May

Renato Alvarado Vidal machi at telsur.cl
Sun Feb 25 10:56:00 PST 2007

> Good Evening,
>
> I am a newbie & looking forward to the Camino.
>
> I will be starting in mid to late May.  Will it be necessary to take a
> sleeping bag or will I be able to function with a cotton or silk
> liner?
>   I wish to go very light.
>
> Is the Camino cellular friendly as I will like to check-in with family
> & friends left behind?

> Anita

	Dear Anita, I made El Camino in May and I was confortable with my
sleeping bag, I think that a cotton liner would not have been enough,
but women usually have better coldness tolerance.
	And about your cellular, well, I'm not sure if you will really wish
to use it; probably you wish it by now, but during El Camino you will
become a different person and maybe the last thing you'll wish would
be a cellular call. During the last days, in Galicia, I shared the
way with people from Germany, USAland and Austria, and we discovered
that all of us was somehow annoyed by last-days-pilgrims, by people
that was doing only the last part of the path, and also quickly
discovered that what annoyed us was that they - with their talk
topics and cellular calls - brought us back an everyday's life we had
left seven hundreds kilometers and ten centuries behind.
	I think that you could surface to 21th. century in places like
Pamplona, Estella, Leon. etc. send and read your e-mail and then dive
back to 11th. or 12th. century :-)
	Remember, El Camino es un camino de conversion.

	From a sunny afternoon at the green islands of summertime

	Machi