[Gocamino] Gocamino Digest, Vol 28, Issue 11

patronio at aol.com patronio at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 15:07:01 PST 2007

Fellow Pilgrims:
I have a friend who wants to join this mail list. Can you tell me how? I forgot where I signed up.
Thank you.
Buen Camino,
J.

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:47:55 -0600
From: Joyce Cheney <jcheneyjc at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Gocamino] Less crowded/cooler route?
To: <GoCamino at oakapple.net>

I've planned to walk from Roncesvalles to Santiago in March, but it looks
like I'll have to walk later instead - June, maybe even July-August. I don't
mind dry heat, but I do very much mind humid hot and I do very much mind
crowds! Can anyone recommend a less-traveled, yet fairly well-marked route
with refugios (don't want to camp out) that will not be crowded? I've
thought of walking from Le Puy to wherever in Spain it starts to get crowded
and then taking the train/etc. thru the rest of Spain and walking the last
100 km. to Santiago. Or the Portuguese route? (Is the one from near Sevilla
too hot even in June?)  Thanks for your advice.
Joyce Cheney

Message: 2