[Gocamino] Pondering...

Sue Kenney sue.kenney at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 20 12:58:59 PST 2007

Kathy

I would love to add to the replies. Right now I am on a deadline so I don't
have much time
to dedicate to this but I am reading the replies.

I went on a totally spiritual journey the first time and the way I prepared
was by doing a year long program to
develop my sense of being. I worked on how I could create my own reality and
let go of past behaviours. I did a lot
of meditation, yoga and competed in the sport of rowing. (I think rowing was
the biggest preparation for the journey not just
physically, but emotionally.  If you want to hear part of my Camino/rowing
story go to http://godboxcafe.com)

Catholic upbringing was triggered. I had what I call my own miracle on Mont
Cebreiro. I believe the preparation I did
led to a profound journey that ultimately changed my life.

The second walk on the Portuguese route I did just before Easter weekend. I
was sent with an Eagle Feather given
to me by a native who had a dream about me. I managed to connect my
spirituality with religion and the Creator. I walked immediately
after finishing writing the manuscript for my first book. This was my
preparation.

Also, I did a 7-day grape fast before each walk to cleanse my body.

I think that preparing spiritually had a direct impact on my journey.

Sue