[Gocamino] Madrid to Pamplona /Santiago to Madrid

Amy Beckford missamy079 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:13:45 PDT 2007

Train tickets are easy and affordable to reserve in advance for trips
between major cities.  I booked four of them for my trip in July at Rail
Europe, which is an easy website to use.  Plus, it includes all of the
booking fees in the price and will email you when a currently unavailable
itinerary is ready for reservations.  I had no problems with them and
actually was 100% more satisfied with them than with my 2006 experience
using Renfe.  Also, I recommend booking a flight from Santiago to Madrid.
Mine was 31 Euros and lasted for an hour, which makes it cheaper and faster
than the train.  I booked tickets again online, this time with Spanair.  I
thought I was getting a special pilgrim rate, but I never had to prove I was
a pilgrim and the flight was cheaper than the rates offered in Santiago.  I
hope that helps!
Buen camino,
Amy