[Gocamino] [Santiagobis] This morning is La Asuncion at Santiago

Marcus Wilder marcuswilder2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 15 13:23:39 PDT 2007

Pilgrims who walk the final one hundred kms get the same certificates
pilgrims get who have walked greater distances.  I met several pilgrims
on my final one hundred kms on the Via de la Plata who only had time
for eight or ten days.  The ones I met seemed as joyful about their one
hundred kms as I was about my 1,000 kms.  I met a German mother and
daughter who are walking the Via de la Plata one week each year until
they finish.  I met two German couples who have four weeks' vacation
each year.  Both couples anticipated completing their caminos in three
years.

If we want to compare, let us compare ourselves to pilgrims who have
walked ALL the various routes to Santiago de Compostela.  And then, of
course, there are pilgrims who have walked to Rome and Jerusalem as
well.