[Gocamino] camino blues??

Jim Greer jbgreer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:19:57 PDT 2007

Glen said:
> Anyway...I have found a very interesting book on Spanish history you may
> want to check out.  It is called "Ghosts of Spain...Travels Through Spain
> and Its Silent Past" by Giles Tremlett.  Because I knew a little Spanish
> this time, I got to meet and talk with some Basque and Catalans and they got
> me interested it learning something about the Spanish Civil War, which is
> covered in this book.

I will second Glen's recommendation for 'Ghosts of Spain', though I
must admit that my knowledge of Spanish history is very limited and
that I've not read many other works with which to compare it.
Tremlett's work is more of a series of essays on episodes and topics
related to Spain's past, so it is easily digestible even if you have
to read it in parts.

As for the Camino blues.... if Bob Dylan had walked the camino he
might have sung, "To be stuck inside of Memphis with the Camino blues
again" as I seem to do nearly every day.   Right now I'm living
vicariously through my efforts to help plan an October walk for a
friend.

Buon camino,
Jim Greer