[Gocamino] Post This on the List Serve

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:53:27 PDT 2007

The bus station you want for Madrid to Astorga is ESTACION SUR:

ESTACION SUR DE AUTOBUSES
CALLE MÉNDEZ ALVARO S/N
28045 MADRID (Madrid) España
Tel: +34 914 684 200
Metro: MÉNDEZ ALVARO

Here is a PDF of MetroMadrid:
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Map_City_Madrid_Metro_2007.pdf

There are six buses daily, about four hours, ranging from € 20 to € 33 on
ALSA.

Leave   Arrive
00:30   04:15
09:30   13:15
10:30   14:30
10:30   16:10
14:30   18:00
16:00   19:45
16:30   22:10
17:30   21:30
21:00   00:29

There are two trains on RENFE available daily, at amazingly inconvenient
hours ...
http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp?page=hjhir130.jsp&O=MADRI&D=20100

One is leaving Madrid 16:18 arriving Astorga 21:44.

Behind door number two we find a train leaving Madrid 22:10 arriving Astorga
02:34.

Click here for a map of Astorga:
http://www.elcaminosantiago.com/PDF/Map_City_Astorga.pdf
Please note that North is on the left of the map, not the top.

There are two albergues in Astorga, stayed in both, I prefer the private
one.

Albergue Municipal de Astorga
Matías Rodríguez 24 (invierno).
ASTORGA (León)