[Gocamino] Post This on the List Serve

Javier Martin javier2147 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 04:37:07 PDT 2007

Hi Devon.

The trains website:

www.renfe.es

The buses website:

www.alsa.es

I've begun several times my Camino in Astorga and I've always travelled by
bus.

I suppose it doesn't mind the prize of ticket because both are similar. What
is important is at what time you are interested in arriving to Astorga.
There's a bus that (I think) arrives at 20:00 so you go directly to the
albergue to sleep and begin walking next day. Another one leaves from Madrid
at 08:00 and arrives at 12:00 so you can begin walking at this moment. But,
if you have never been in Astorga, is a very beautiful city, with a
Cathedral, a Roman Walls, the Gaudi's Palace, and many, many things to
visit, at least a short walk by. There's a lot of daily buses to Astorga.

About the albergues, there's two: The older one (San Javier), I've never
slept there, and the new one, in a old and big convento, opened last summer,
I know it and it's very nice and well attended. I don't know if there's
websites about them.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martín
Madrid, Spain.