[Gocamino] Seeking wisdom...

KF wolverinedg at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 08:53:29 PDT 2007

You might want to check out the Brierley guides, available on Amazon. His guides are very detailed, with pictures & maps.  The CSJ guides are also good. Their website is www.csj.org.uk .

  Kelly

Wes & Rita <wesrita at comcast.net> wrote:
  We brand new members of your group and are planning to walk part of the Camino this year. We would love to hear advice and thoughts from folks about the following things::

What is the best time of the year to go (we can only do 4 weeks) and why?

What is the best section to walk for 4 weeks, and why?

What do you think of the options for sleeping from hostel type accomodations to budget places -- what are they, what would we need to have with us, how to choose?

What do we most need to have with us if we are trying to dramatically minimize the size of our load (we would not be camping and we will not be cooking any meals).

Any other thoughts/advice you think novices on the Camino (but not novice walkers) could use -- clothes, money, reservations or not, routes, and especially must sees and must dos, must not dos, et al would be much appreciated.

We have walked the Coast to Coast (England), Offa's Dyke (Wales), and the West Highland Way (Scotland), and have done much hiking in the Olympics, Rockies, and Cascades here in the States. Looking forward to hearing from many of you...

Rita and Wes
wesrita at comcast.net