[Gocamino] Dogs on the camino

Charles O'Brien chasobrien at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 05:58:41 PST 2006

Taking a dog on the Camino would be an extremely poor idea, especially
for your dog. Every single day your dog will be traveling through strange
territory which, especially in the country and small villages, has already
been "staked out" by other, possibly larger and more aggressive dogs. Your
first encounter with a dog protecting a flock of sheep will demonstrate this
most effectively. Why subject your best friend to that sort of tension?

Chuck
(Pamplona-Santiago '98)