[Gocamino] Camino "Blue Guide"

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Thu Nov 16 09:04:13 PST 2006

Hello you all,
GAESA EDITIONS has published a Blue Guide book specifically for Santiago pilgrims. The name of the publication is "Guia Azul, Camino de Santiago".
The guide is very useful because it contains concise topographical, historic, and cultural information on the sites of interest on, or abutting, the Camino, and a complete list of the albergues with their phone numbers, addresses etc.
Further, the guide lists alternate hotels and pensions throughout the Camino, with a brief description thereof, their ratings and the prices they charge, and a list of restaurants with their specialties, prices and so on.
There are also fairly detailed maps of the large cities.
The paperback book, chockfull of black and white pictures, is 616 pages long. But I suppose one may extract from it the specific information needed.  The publication, in my view, is a wonderful source of practical information and references.  The book's  ISBN is 84-8023-443-1 and it costs 17.50 Euros.
The e-mail address of the publisher is   gaesa at guiasazules.e.telefonica.net
Hugs!
Rosina