[Gocamino] [saintjames] Pilgrim Article

blaroli at aol.com blaroli at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 13:18:40 PST 2006

Hi you all,
After my first Camino in 1999 I spent a whole week in bed, not wishing to get up, or do anything, or talk to anyone.  This was highly uncharacteristic of me since I hit the ground running when I was born and haven't stopped since.
I think that my self-imposed seclusion surprised me more than it did my friends or family. The Camino  had meant a tremendous leap into my thereto neglected inner self, and I did not know how to deal with the new consciousness and feelings, nor was I willing to part with them, nor share them.  Lying in bed that week I kept remembering what I had heard about Lazarus when I was a child: that after he came back from the dead he was never seen smiling again for missing the heaven he had glimpsed. For whatever reason, his resurrected reaction found a resonance in my soul when I finished the Camino.
Eventually, I got immersed in Camino things and found an enjoyable modus vivendi between my Pre-Camino and Post-Camino mes.

In that "spirit", I'd like to thank the wonderful messages and good wishes received from so many pilgrims abroad, over the last two days, on the occasion of the resurgence of democratic accountability in our country. No one is happier than I, particularly since I began to despair after 2004.
Yes... how sweet it is!

Big, big hugs!

Rosina (from a lovely spring-like New York City in autumn)