[Gocamino] Camino to Fisterra

Jeff Mayor jmayor at occ.cccd.edu
Thu May 18 14:02:31 PDT 2006

This summer I am beginning my Camino in Astorga and I plan to continue
out to Fisterra. I figure that I can make Santiago in 10 to 12 days,
which leaves me with about 10 more days to explore the coast.  Looking
at John Brierley's map, I see that there is a Muxia extension that
circles around back to the main route. Has anyone done this route? What
about the detour to Bainas to the Dolmen or the Dolmen outside of
Maronas, are these worth the trip? Another thing I was considering, if
it is possible is to to catch a bus (train?)  North along the coast at
Muxia and head back to Bilbao though Gijon.  Has anyone tried this?
Jeff