[Gocamino] FW: Chemin de St. Jacques starting from Vezelay

Richard Ferguson <peregrino@att.net. peregrino at att.net
Fri Mar 17 17:28:51 PST 2006

I have to put in a plug for the excellent guide, Itineraire du Pelerin de Saint Jacques.  It is curiously a set of loose leaf sheets, maps and text.  I can't imagine a better guide, but less valuable if you don't read French.  If you want to take the GR route, this again might not be the best guide.

But I love the guide, more than worth the price.

I have been to Vezelay, it is worth the visit, even as a tourist.  I dreamed of starting from Vezelay, but realism struck, it will likely be troublesome to find accomodations, and I would not enjoy being the only pilgrim that I would meet.  I will probably start from Le Puy instead, more infrastructure, more pilgrims.

Richard.