[Gocamino] Stone Story

Sue Kenney sue.kenney at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 17 04:10:17 PST 2006

JH and others,

I am enjoying reading the stories from the list serve again. Thanks to all of you for sharing.
There is a story I learned from a fellow pilgrim on the Camino that I love to share. It goes like this...

It is said
If you pick up a stone and put your sorrow into the stone
When you place the stone down
You leave some of your sorrow behind.

I picked up sorrow stones everyday on the Camino for myself, my children, my family, friends and other pilgrims. When I got to the end of my journey, I felt like I had no sorrow left at all. It was mafic. This ritual helped me to open my heart to more love and changed the way I live my life. I am not suggesting you have to put sorrow into the stones, actually any intention will work.

I wrote a story about the sorrow stones and I have it translated into Spanish, German and Brazilian Portuguese. If anyone is interested feel free to email me off line.

Buen Camino,

Sue
sue.kenney at sympatico.ca