[Gocamino] Lodgings towards the end of the French Way

Rebekah Scott rebrites at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 10:31:02 PST 2006

Lynn, you hit the nail on the head, and kindly too. I was trying to find a way to say that without being offensive to people who haven't yet made the trip. So much of the camino is learning all the lessons about sensitive skin and walking too fast to ensure there's a place to sleep, and  the price you pay for the security of reservations made in advance. Eventually you just walk, take your chances, and trust.

  I have killer asthma that's triggered by allergies. One of the best nights' sleep I ever got on the camino was in a haystack in Galicia...and I am SO allergic to hay, cows, barns, grass, etc. etc. It's different over there, at least it was for me.

  Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, periodista
Westmoreland County bureau
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette USA