[Gocamino] accommodations on the Camino Portuguese

norasls1@aol.com norasls1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 16:57:39 PST 2006

We (my husband, two young adult kids and myself) are thinking about traveling the Portuguese Route in late June.  I've walked parts of the Camino Francais and used and loved the Brierley guide.  I'm reviewing the Brierley Portuguese guide and I'm concerned that some of the stages have very few accommodations and I'm nervous that we will be sleeping outdoors and on floors more often than we would like -- especially given the time of year.
What has your experience been walking from Porto to Santiago?  Looks much better once we get over the Spanish border but what about Portugal?

Also, how well marked is the trail?  It's impossible to get lost on the Camino Francais-- well, almost impossible, I have to admit there was that false start out of Leon.

Thank you for your help.

Nora Everlove