[Gocamino] medieval music festival query

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 02:09:13 PDT 2006

Speaking of gaiety and festivities in Spain ...

One of the things I love about Spanish culture is their embracing local
lore, history and culture. I recall happening into a number of small towns
just at the right time: Fiesta. For an overview of a few of the haps in
Spain look at http://www.historiaviva.org/enlaces/fiestas.shtml , it gives a
hint of the festivals you may encounter.

Anybody remember Obanos, a tiny hamlet of around 800 souls just before
Puente la Reina? Nuestra Señora de Eunate is very close by, and garners the
lion's share of attention. But little Obanos has a festival, of course. All
785 of the citizens participate. Every year, they put on the "Misterio de
Obanos", see http://www.misteriodeobanos.org for a little English and a lot
of Spanish description. They purport the next Misterio will be portrayed
from 22nd to the 29th of July 2006. If you're on the Road at that time, it
might be one of those things that sweeps you into the soul of the Camino.
Man, I love Spain.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler