[Gocamino] Fw: Perigrinos in Nuevo Mexico USA

Pat & E.T. Little et at zianet.com
Tue Jun 13 08:09:24 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Pat & E.T. Little
To: gocamino at oakapple.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:30 AM
Subject: Perigrinos in Nuevo Mexico USA

Greetings Perigrinos,

My husband and I hiked the Camino in late March and early April. We started at Roncesvalles and hiked 34 days arriving in Santiago and then taking a bus to Fistera.When we arrived in Santiago instead of a feeling of jubilation we felt a sense of loss. We had planned our journey for a three year period before finally making the trip to Spain.
The Camino turned out to be far more than we anticipated in every way. It humbles you,exhausts you,challenges you,relaxes you, and changes your whole life's perspectives.
When we hiked the Camino we met several people who were hiking it for the second or third time or sometimes several times. We began to wonder why anyone would hike it more than once. After finishing we knew why you would go back to experience the Camino over and over. It calls you back daily after your return. There is an inner peace that one experiences that has no equal.
It might behoove every government to require their leaders to hike the Camino. It would be a different and far better world to live in if that were the case.
We met Perigrinos from 18 different countries and formed friendships that will last long after our journeys end.
When we finished and were spending our first night off the Camino I said to my husband'"we aren't Perigrinos anymore" He said "Pat,we will always be Perigrinos" For that I was grateful.

Buen Camino
E.t. and Pat Little
Nuevo Mexico USA