[Gocamino] la flecha o los pies

Daniel De Kay dandekay at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 4 15:33:23 PDT 2006

Yes, I think it's a shame to alter what has become for so many people a
symbol of the Camino.  The conch has been a symbol of the Camino since the
Middle Ages.  This symbol tells a magnificent story of the strength and
power of faith.  It represents the millions of past pilgrims who have trod
the same paths that we so honor.  A reinvigoration of the Camino has
happened in the last 20 years, coincidentally the same time that the yellow
arrows have been there.  Not that there's a cause-and- effect but the arrows
are powerful symbols for so many who now know the Camino.  I think that even
now, if they had been proposed in comparison to the new idea, the arrows
would have been a more readily acceptable symbol.  They are simple and
direct, much like life as a pilgrim.  They took dedication and perseverance
to apply, like the act of walking the Camino.  And they require faith to
follow what are simple signs towards one's goal, like Life itself.   Perhaps
if enough of us make our thoughts known it will stir a worldwide response
that makes a difference.  Yellow Arrows, Orange Revolution, Black
Power....colors can speak volumes, and with volume.
Daniel