[Gocamino] More on 2005 pilgrims

Richard Ferguson <peregrino@att.net. peregrino at att.net
Thu Jan 26 10:06:01 PST 2006

When is the next Holy year?  I did a quick Google search and came up with nothing.

For what it is worth, the growth rate in the pilgrim count has apparently gone down somewhat, as the actual number of pilgrims in 2003, 2004, and 2005 is substantially less than I had projected in 2003.  I had done a simple exponential growth projection, figuring the growth would increase at the same rate as in the previous years.  When I looked at 2002 and years previous, I was seeing a growth rate of 24% year over year, at least for non-Holy Years.  Note that the 2004 Holy Year was only double 2003, while the 1999 Holy year had five times the number of pilgrims as 1998.

Richard

From: Blaroli at aol.com