[Gocamino] FW: Santiago DeCompostela

Eileen Hamer ehamer at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 09:46:49 PDT 2006

I've taken the night train from Santiago to Madrid twice and it worked
well--I had the day in Santiago, and was in Madrid for breakfast and a
quick trip by subway (cheap!) to the airport for my noon flight out.  I did
rather miss seeing the countryside, but got a good night's sleep and saved
a hotel bill.  Supposedly there's a dining car or something, but I just
collapsed in the tiny, clean compartment and zonked out for the trip.  So I
got something to eat and drink on my way to the train station. . . and woke
up ready to go.