[Gocamino] Carrión de los Condes, with some Chinches on the side, please ...

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:18:12 PDT 2005

Carrión de los Condes. Perhaps it was the water and not the war that caused
the carnage. I warned this couple now crossing the Meseta, but too late, I
just got this in return from them ...

I got your warning too late.  About 20 people got very sick in the ast 24
hours, including Bruce and me.  Something was picked up between Boadillo and
Carrion.  At our albergue last night there were 7 afflicked with vomiting
and diarrhea.  We are too weak to walk, so we have to take a bus to Sahagun.
  If we are still not well, one to Leon.  I am sure we can continue normally
after Leon.  Hate to give up walking the few stages, but we have to get well
first..

Also There was an outbreak 2 weeks ago of CHINCHES, a horrible biting bedbug
that started in Roncesvalles.  This groups of pilgrims have had their share
of ailments.  Also  chigger bites from putting packs down in sheep
territory.  You might want to post something to the gocamino listserv to
warn those about to leave for Spain.

Other than these few things eveything is going well and we are loving it.

Renee