[Gocamino] Shadows

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 11:46:04 PDT 2005

Hello you all, ....again.
As mentioned before, I've been quite ill throughout the summer, but,
apparently, I'm getting much better, in no little measure due to the affectionate
concern of so many Camino friends, particularly those in the Pilgrims' office in
Santiago, who have faxed, phoned and written to me constantly with loving words
of encouragement, and to the prayers of, among others, the nuns who take care
of the Santiago Cathedral and who have become very dear friends.
Kat Gower, of the American Pilgrims, has also been a source of getting-well
inspiration on this side of the Atlantic..
So... to the chagrin of my partners... I'll go back to the dear occupation of
passing on Camino news and information that may come my way.
Thank  you all for your nice messages.  You know, little things do mean a
lot.

A young Mexican pilgrim who had  lost his wife, wrote a hauntingly beautiful
poem about the inexorable,  and deathless,  connection between what was and
what is as  continued by shadows...... as in the Camino.
Reading the poem left me in tears  and breathless with recognition of those
companion spiritual existences in the Camino.... at night.... around the
Cathedral..... in Eunate....in  Roncesvalles....in Viana,  and in so many places.
I'll send the poem to those of you who may want to read it.
Hugs!
Rosina