[Gocamino] Re: Gocamino Digest, Vol 13, Issue 3

SJFINNELL at aol.com SJFINNELL at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 13:41:46 PST 2005

I just finished 31 days on the Camino alone, but not alone. I left SJPDP on
9/22 alone. I met people on the Camino. Sometimes talking only minutes.
Sometimes an hour or so. As I saw familiar faces over the days, I walked some  with
my new friends. Mostly I was alone. On the 8th day, I got very homesick and
was ready to go home. An Australian couple I saw several times, encouraged me
to  keep going. Later that morning I found my German friend, 20 yrs old. And
later  that night I was able to talk to my family. I turned 50 on the trail.
That was  my motivation. To do something amazing for my 50th BD.

After talking to my family and connecting with a familiar face/the German
named Dominik, I finished in 31 days on Oct 22. I am so glad I kept going.
Although I left the USA alone, I don't feel like I was alone. There were so many
people I met and saw in the cities and Alburgues', I don't feel like I did it
alone. Every need was met when I needed something. Other pilgrims help each
other.

Judy Finnell
Pittsburgh PA