[Gocamino] Re: 17 year old on the camino

Cristina Temenos cristina_jeanne at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 15:36:46 PST 2005

"The Camino helps youngsters grow up and oldsters feel young again."
I second that completely!  From what you write about your son, I'd say he has his head on his shoulders. there aren't too many 17 year olds who would voulenteer thier time, nor ask to go on pligramage.  I also agree that many times "youngsters" are underestimated.  maturity can't be reached if a child is always shelterd.
Richard makes a good point though, the camino is hard.  many times when reminicing about the camino I find myself forgetting to mention the near daily physical pain and the metal stress which came along with the wonderful aspects of the camino.  But as long as he's not expecting a walk in the park, you shouldn't have any reservations.
that's my two cents
ultreya!
cristina

Cristina Temenos

cjtemeno at syr.edu

Cristina_Jeanne at yahoo.com

A volte può essere più bello camminare che arrivare. Arrivare non esiste, è solo un momento del cammino.