[Gocamino] Cuentos del Camino - en castellano?

Eldor Pederson eopederson at msn.com
Tue Jun 7 09:33:18 PDT 2005

It has been some time since I have sought out the kind of book you are looking for, but there are a number of titles available in castellano written by former pilgrims. When I was looking several years ago, I found rather more titles from Latin America than from Spain itself.  There was quite a fine book, well-illustrated:

Ramírez de Alba, Horacio. 2000.  Una experencia en el Camino de Santiago. Toluca, Estado de México,  México. Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México (UAEM).  ISBN 968-835-533X.

One from Spain itself is:

Morán, Gregorio.  1996.  Nunca llegaré a Santiago.Madrid: Anya & Mario Muchnik. ISBN 84-7979-392-9

If you have access to a university library or a good public library, they can probably get those and other titles of interest for you on interlibrary loan. Some university libraries with particularly good collections in castellano include UCLA, UC San Diego (especially México), University of Texas, and Johns Hopkins (by no means a comprehensive list). A visit to their online catalogues should give you some suggestions, and then you can arrange for an interlibrary loan at your local library.

You might also want to look at websites compiled by people who have walked the Camino. While they are not as polished as a book tends to be, some of them are well-written and interesting accounts. My list of websites is too long to post here and is not, I fear, in a very coherent form at the moment, but in the next few days I shall try to send along a link or two.

E. O. Pederson