[Gocamino] Winter Pilgrim

Sue Kenney sue.kenney at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 9 17:08:06 PDT 2005

Liz

I walked in November/December 2001 from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago and
I went alone. It was cold at night without heat in many of the refugios,
some were closed for the winter and there are very few pilgrims walking. You
can ask at the bars or the refugios which ones are closed and plan your next
day's journey accordingly. Dress in layers and my recommendation is to wear
leather boots with ankle support. You'll need a hat and gloves too. I drank
a lot of cafe con leche to stay warm.

Although I didn't meet a lot of people on the path in the winter, each
person had a profound affect on my life. You can read a story about the
journey on my website if you wish. Feel free to ask me any questions and I
would be more than happy to answer them.

warmest regards,

Sue
www.suekenney.ca