[Gocamino] Political discussions

Liz Morris tagelle at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 9 13:17:05 PDT 2005

About 24 centuries ago Alexander the Great realized that religion is more
powerful than politics or military might; he also knew that such deeply
engrained emotional force could be manipulated for political purposes.
Alas! it was so before Alexander and it has been so until our own time.
While it does not appear that anybody is going to convince anybody to feel
differently in this respect, we are nevertheless bombarded with political
and pseudo-religious discussions and arguments everywhere ad nauseum.
It would be nice if at least here messages could avoid joining the fray and
would concentrate on Camino-related matters.

I have bicycled the French Camino and the Via de la Plata, and I have
bicycled/walked the Portuguese Way; this year I would like to bicycle/walk
the French Camino again, commencing at the end of November.
Has anyone here been on the Camino in the month of December?  Are there any
special conditions that need particular attention?
Thank you for whatever information you may provide.

Liz