[Gocamino] Hasta la vista, Santiago

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Fri Jan 14 12:14:25 PST 2005

Hello you all,
This is the last message I shall post from this lovely city.
I went to say my goodbyes to Jimmy at the Cathedral and I came  across Father Genaro Cebrian, the new head of the Pilgrims´Office, who had just finished listening to t6he last evening confessions; he invited me into the crypt, beyond the gate, where the silver coffin is and where the canonigos go to say their private prayers when the Cathedral is closed. While it doesn´t look it from outside, the inner place is quite roomy and even has six pre-dieus; it is very, very lovely and I was very moved.
I did take a couple of pictures though, and while there, on my knees, I gave profuse thanks for the inspiration into our inner selves which the Apostle has provided for so many of us. Certainly for me (beyond my wildest dreams), such inspiration has been a fountain of inner peace and comfort and a resting place for the feet of my, heretofore, very restless soul.

I think that we, USA pilgrims, are well thought of by the Cathedral and the Pilgrims´office people, as are, in fact, all pilgrims; the many attentions and courtesies shown to my person were, of course, meant for all of us. I am very touched and very humbled.... and don´t know what to say about it anymore.

Meanwhile, those of you who asked me to get things for you, please e-mail me, directly, your postal address Sunday or Monday and I´ll put the things in the mail.

I am now going to finish packing, have a nice dinner and some wine, and stand, at the stroke of midnight, on that little hollow in Obradoiro that assures one´s  feet that they shall stand there again.... and the not too distant future.

Lastly, let me add that I never, in the least, intended or pretended to be a sort of representative of USA pilgrims; that sort of thing couldn´t be farther from my personality and ways.... nevertheless, it sort of fell on me anyway.  I trust I left a good impression for all our sakes.

Big hug!

Rosina

ps I watched part of Sex and the City on TV here last night. It just didn´t come true with the girls speaking Galician.