[Gocamino] The weight of boots

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 19:41:35 PST 2005

I do believe that it is time to trot this one out again.

http://www.barefooters.org/gallery/pilgrimage/index.html

I don't have the chutzpah to try myself, at least not for a whole
pilgrimage, but I think that the guy is on to something. Probably many
would say that he is just ON something, but I believe that he really
did it. On a couple of occasions, I took off my shoes and socks for
stream crossings. In retrospect, I should have done it when I was in
deep mud. Feet are much easier to clean than shoes and socks. However,
I would be reluctant to do this in the areas where there is a lot of
sheep or cattle manure. Paved surfaces are probably worse. That's where
well-cushioned soles and thick socks are most needed.

regards,

Bob S.