[Gocamino] New Year's Eve in Santiago

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 17:30:28 PST 2005

Rosina,

Thank you, as always, for your detailed descriptions of 'El Spectaculo en
Compostela'. God, I love that place. Your tapestry of words and lucid
imagery made me tingle with the joy of being there. Having been present for
the Saint's bash in July 2001, I remember so very well the exuberance and
joy of the celebration. Alcohol is present, but not the chief motivator. It
is a celebration of life. There is such an amazing balance between the
eternal and the temporal, between the sacred and the profane, in Compostela.
It is unlike any other place I have ever been. Such a liberating place. The
yellow stone of the city seems to emanate the centuries of trials and
triumphs it has seen. Yet it is a world in harmony. An inner world of peace.
An outer world of belonging. A world celebrating life. A world we would love
to live in. Yet we are all but pilgrims, transitory residents of the Sacred
City. I count myself fortunate to have experienced both the Road, and the
Destination. God bless you in all your endeavours in Compostela.

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com
http://groups.msn.com/ElCaminoSantiago