[Gocamino] Pilgrim Masses

cumulus2 at paradise.net.nz cumulus2 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Feb 18 07:04:48 PST 2005

Hi Friends of the Camino,

This May, I hope to do the Camino with my father and brother. It will be the
second time for me, and I would be grateful for some information on one
particular issue before we leave.

On my first pilgrimage, I attended some church services along the way in the
evenings and with my limited Spanish could follow a little of what was going
on. The custom where I am from is not to take communion in these services as I
am from a Protestant tradition, not RC and it is not permitted.

On reflection afterwards, I wondered whether along the way, the communion was
indeed open to all Camino pilgrims and the Spanish Church had a different
inclusive or universal approach to the issue along the Camino de Santiago.

For myself, I take communion in my church and I'm happy to have it wherever it
is offered, but I want to respect other churches' values.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Derek