[Gocamino] footwear

Dennis Harrod dennisharrod at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 12:01:19 PST 2005

My daughter (18) and I (50+) will be walking part of the Camino in May. We
won't have time to do it all, but plan to start in Roncesvalles and go a few
days from there and then take a bus to somewhere west of Leon (depending on
how much time we have) and walk from there to Santiago.

My question, oft repeated, is about footwear: can someone tell me exactly how
to decide what are "good" hiking boots? How much does the price really tell
you? I have some very comfortable trail sneakers (that's not what they call
them, but I don't remember the marketers' name for them) with a good, gripping
soul and heel, but they provide no ankle support so I doubt they'd serve.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dennis Harrod

=====
Dennis C. Harrod, Spanish Language Coordinator
316A H.B. Crouse
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244
(315) 443-5491