[Gocamino] Re Compostela Magazine

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Wed Feb 2 20:05:52 PST 2005

Hi Athens,,
The Compostela magazine is the official publication of the Universal
Archicofradia of the Glorious Apostle Saint James and its members get a copy.  I
think,  however, that you can subscribe to the magazine  by writing to the
Archicofradia in Santiago.  I have no idea of the price, but looking at the stamps on
the copies sent to me, I can see that the  postage alone is fairly high.
The magazine, of course, pays particular attention to the Archdiocese in
Santiago,  and is Catholic-oriented.  Also, it is printed only in Spanish and, to
my knowledge,  there are no translations thereof into other languages.  There
are four editions per year. But the first edition following a Holy Xacobean
Year is quite an undertaking.   The January, 2000,  edition which was published
right after the 1999 Holy Year, was about five times the size of the regular
ones.  I should think that the one for January, 2005, which will cover the 2004
Holy Year (the most attended and celebrated Xacobean Holy Year, ever), will
be an even more elaborate affair.   It will also be later in coming, methinks.
Regards,
Rosina