[Gocamino] Camino Frances in the Fall

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 28 07:58:12 PST 2005

John,

The fall is my favorite time to walk and pilgrimage...there are fewer
crowds, the trees and fields are ripe with harvest (figs, grapes, apples,
walnuts) and the weather still good.  It does rain and the days get shorter,
but it most pleasant walking.

I did run into many places being closed after October, but as mentioned, a
good hospitalero will know the situation in their area and can call ahead to
see if a place is still open.

It will be a changed Camino route since 1999...some pavement, more refugios
and private hostels, signage, etc.  Enjoy!

Buen Camino