[Gocamino] Accomodation: Bilbao

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 15 18:38:32 PDT 2005

Brooke,

There are a lot of places in the Casco Viejo. I got one by just
wandering around looking. The refugio itself is a reasonably priced
hotel, but it is a way out of town, about a 10 minute bus ride. It is
a sort of a youth hostel, but it looks like a lot of multilevel
modern hotels. The Página Web for the Albergue Bilbao Aterpetxea is:

albergue.bilbao.net
E-mail: aterpe at albergue.bilbao.net
Tf.: 34 94 427 00 54
Fax: 34 94 427 54 79

If you get to the airport while the tourist agency is still open,
that would probably be the best place to line up something. I don't
remember the name of the place where I stayed, but I felt that it was
a bit overpriced. I also found out that there are often special
events going on there that tend to fill up the hotels. I almost got
caught short on the way back - some sort of art festival in October.
Good Luck.

Bob S.