[Gocamino] The distance

Glenn Guha2005 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 07:39:25 PDT 2005

I have to agree with those who say that the Pyrenees are not to be missed.
It is a real high (no pun intended). I made it to Santiago in 31 days (and
then took another 3 to Finisterra).  I started at St. Jean PP and took it
very easy the first few days (stopping on both sides of Pamplona at Arre and
Cizur Menor) and made up for that with a little more effort later on when I
was much stronger.  As I have said on previous messages, I think stopping at
Orisson is a great idea.  It is only 8 km from SJPP but it is perhaps the
most difficult 8 km because of the steepness, and the fact it is the first
segment.  You will be amazed at how strong you get by the end of the
journey.  I felt as though I could walk forever, and the backpack felt like
part of my body.  I don't think that there was ever a time in my life when
my body, mind, and spirit were so fit and in harmony!
Go for it.
Glenn