[Gocamino] The distance

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 20:56:25 PDT 2005

31.

Thirty one days from Saint Jean to Santiago is a bit of a push. But then, we
all have different capacities for punishment. There is one guy from Cataluña
who routinely does the Camino Frances in nine (9) days walking. Try not to
emulate his errant ways.

I come into Madrid Barajas and hang a few days in Madrid to get my sea legs
back. I have a nine hour time shift from California to Spain, and I need to
ease into Spanish time ... tranquilo ... Don't have a Madison Avenue
schedule if you can at all avoid it.

A confession: I have done the 28 day plan from Roncesvalles to Santiago. It
is very do-able for the average guy. I have also taken my sweet time from
Rocesvalles to the Holy City, ah, seven weeks. Seven is better. You get more
of the flavor when you are not preocupied with hitting the bricks fast and
furrious every AM.

Find something which will work for you, inside and out. Or just tell the
folks back at work that you need more time. Or are deathly ill with some
swine borne viral thing that you got from some jamon serrano.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com