[Gocamino] hiker's/walker's/golfer's leg rash

C.Christopher Rush c.c.rushassociates at verizon.net
Fri Aug 5 06:58:07 PDT 2005

Hola to all--life gets stranger and stranger.  After a 12 mile training walk last Wednesday with pack and boots, to prepare for my camino in September, I developed a rash on both legs above the sock line, and on the top of my feet.  Doesn't itch, doesn't hurt.  I thought it had something to do with the extreme heat and humidity we are experiencing in the northeast.  As a matter of fact it does; it's called Golfers' Vasiculitis, identified by dermatologists in Australia as fairly common among long-distance walkers, hikers and other engaged in endurance activities in high heat/humidity, who are also over the age of 50.

My question is, has anyone on this list who has walked the Camino or who is training to walk it, experienced such a rash?  Since it's quite warm in northern Spain these days, I anticipate a continuing rash, but would appreciate hearing from any on the list who have had this experience.

Patricia