[Gocamino] Backpack

Grant Spangler gaspangler at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:29:09 PDT 2005

The shrink wrap I have seen in several airports in Spain, but I do not
recall seeing it in the US. Our obsessive level of security lets them open
your bags after they disappear from view; that would mean ripping open the
shrink wrap.

I firmly believe in carry-on luggage for all mission-critical stuff. Ask
yourself the question, "How would it affect my Camino if they lost or
destroyed my backpack?". For most of us it would be a major setback. I did
meet a Peregrino who had the lightest pack I've ever seen on the Camino. His
airlines lost his pack. He bought a funky little daypack and a change of
clothes and just started walking. I'm not sure I'd be up for that. Light is
good, but given the choice, I'll walk with MY pack. It fits me, for one, and
it's got the stuff in it I know will fascilitate my Journey. Find a way to
get your pack with you in the cabin. It's part of the simplicity, the
self-reliance, and the control of your own destiny.

Buen Camino,

Grant

Grant Spangler
GASpangler at hotmail.com